PDA

View Full Version : login failed after installing Knoppix 5.1.1 to hdc1 from CD

Uncle Stinky
12-31-2007, 10:32 PM
I have this "login-failed" problem sometimes after installing knoppix 5.1.1 to hdc1 from live CD with "sudo knoppix-installer" command in a root shell.

After installing and rebooting and then doing a "sudo apt-get update" from a root shell, and then doing a "sudo apt-get install iceweasel" from a root shell, and then rebooting, I get a login screen that offers me two different login names and asks for a pass word for each login name. One is "Knoppix User" and the other is "knoppix". But I have not previously set any password or set any user names. How do I login to this screen?

US

hal8000
01-06-2008, 08:38 PM
It would appear you have done the install and choose option "knoppix"
After running knoppix-installer, chose debian style (recommended option) this way you can set up your own user name and password.
The knoppix install style is similar to running from the live cd so this is probably not what you want.

Uncle Stinky
01-08-2008, 07:34 AM
It would appear you have done the install and choose option "knoppix"
After running knoppix-installer, chose debian style (recommended option) this way you can set up your own user name and password.
The knoppix install style is similar to running from the live cd so this is probably not what you want.

I have done it both ways and I still get the same login problem that asks for a password.