PDA

View Full Version : If Adobe Flash Player Flaws Enable a Smorgasbord of Exploits

Uncle Stinky
01-01-2008, 11:33 AM
If Adobe Flash Player Flaws Enable a Smorgasbord of Exploits, what should we use to play the Google videos when we are using Knoppix 5.1.1 and would like to see some videos while online at Google.Com's web site?

Thank you!

Blessings

US

turbine
01-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Can you download the multimedia files and play them with xine or mplayer?

Uncle Stinky
01-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Can you download the multimedia files and play them with xine or mplayer?

I have managed to download one video, about two weeks ago, from either You Tube or Google Video. I didn't take notes on how I did it and I have noticed that the "download" button is not always visible on the web page that is hosting the video/s. Yes, I did get to play the video by using one of the softwares included in the "K-Menu > Multimedia" button. (I don't remember which one I used to play the video but I do remember downloading it and then playing it offline with one of those programs.)

If you are familiar with a linux command that enables us to "capture" and/or download videos from web pages, please elaborate.

To be real safe, one may use the Knoppix live CD to go online and play videos, as opposed to using a Knoppix OS that may be installed on our/their hard drive/s. I'm using this procedure to play videos instead of using my Knoppix 5.1.1 OS that I have installed on my hard drive.

Thanks, Turbine, for writing back.

US