PDA

View Full Version : KATE and CUPS?

A. Jorge Garcia
05-30-2003, 08:47 PM
Has anyone else had this problem? Whenever I use KATE and then configure a printer, KATE has a segfault error captured by the KDE crash handler when I actually try to print (over TCP).

I'm having this difficulty on every PC I upgraded to V3.2_20030516 on my LAN. The other PCs have always worked fine doing this with KATE (V3.1_20030101).

BTW, I'm using the PoorMan's DualBoot and the DOSbootdisk.

TIA,

A. Jorge Garcia
06-01-2003, 10:16 PM
At first I thought it was a problem with CUPS. I don't think so any longer as I've tried it with HP DeskJet 930C, HP LaserJet 4050N and HP Color Laserjet 4000 drivers with the same results. So, unless the new CUPS has bad HP drivers, its not likely to be probelm with CUPS.

Then I tried printing from KWrite and KLYX without a problem. It looks like a problem with KATE.

This is unfortunate as my students love the colored C++ code they get to debug in KATE!

Anyone know of a fix? Can anyone at least confirm this bug - am I crazy or what?

TIA,

bluegreenone
06-13-2003, 12:24 PM
I will try to duplicate this if I get the chance. Do you mean you configure the printer from inside a Kate print dialog, or are you just trying to print with Kate?

A. Jorge Garcia
06-14-2003, 02:55 AM
Well, I was just editting some C++ code in KATE. Then I needed to print it. So I clicked <K><KNOPPIX><CONFIGURE><CONFIGURE PRINTERS> as I always had before. Once the printer was configured as usual, then I went back to KATE and printed to my configured printer and KATE just disappeared and printed nothing! Its as if all RAM was exhausted and KATE crashed. In fact, I do get the KDE crash handler some times when I try this....

I have this problem with the V3.2 2003.0520 CD (I think, sorry its at work). I have no problem with V3.1 2003.0101 CD. BTW, is that V3.1 Final (since it was the last V3.1 release)?

TIA,