PDA

View Full Version : '=' key does not work when booting up Knoppix

stevendolinsky
02-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Hey guys,
I just recently downloaded and burnt Knoppix v5.1 to a dvd. When I booted it I tried using the 'knoppix lang=us' command to boot it in a language that I can read. But to no avail, the '=' simply doesn't work! Is there a solution to this? Or should I start brushing up on my German? haha help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Harry Kuhman
02-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Interesting that in your options you considered learning German, but never considered downloading the correct ISO file.

Yea, the = key is not in the same place on a German Keyboard. But it is there. I forget exactly which key it is, but you could either search around the keyboard for it or search these forums for the answer, as this has been answered many times before.

stevendolinsky
02-16-2008, 07:29 PM
I searched for it, couldn't find anything on it. perhaps i didn't search good enough? And when I went to download the torrent, I didn't see any specific Language ISO's.

Harry Kuhman
02-16-2008, 07:44 PM
... perhaps i didn't search good enough?....
No perhaps about it, it's there, assuming that your keyboard is not bad.

...I didn't see any specific Language ISO's.
see answer #1 (http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/User:Harry_Kuhman).

Of all of the forums that you could have posted this in, what made you think that a Laptop forum was the best choice? OK, I suspect that maybe you have a laptop, but that hardly means that every question that you might ask about Knoppix belongs in a laptop forum, does it? There are several other forums that I would have expected to be reasonable choices for this thread. I'll give you some time to find this answer, but then the thread will be moved out of the laptop forum.