PDA

View Full Version : Help config VIAO wireless.

digig0th
03-03-2008, 08:18 PM
I've tried through the decade to start using Linux. But there is always a problem. I got past the problem with the system hanging on boot. Apparently Knoppix has a problem with Viao's pcmcia.

I'd really just be happy to get wireless working - for once - so i can get to internet.
if somebody would walk me through it, it would be appreciated.

chip.ling
03-15-2008, 09:25 PM
I've tried through the decade to start using Linux. But there is always a problem. I got past the problem with the system hanging on boot. Apparently Knoppix has a problem with Viao's pcmcia.

I'd really just be happy to get wireless working - for once - so i can get to internet.

Take a look at FAQ 2, 3, 4 at

http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_FAQ

for using ndiswrapper method.

Rgds,
Chip

carolus
04-07-2008, 06:52 PM

On my VAIO, Puppy Linux connected out-of-the box to my neighbor's unsecured WAP (taking the defaults in Puppy's network connection wizard). Connecting to my own encrypted network took some reading of the forums, but by then I was encouraged by knowing that there was no driver problem.

I can't find anything in Knoppix 5.3.1 that corresponds to Puppy's wifi setup wizard. The thought crossed my mind of trying to copy configuration files from Puppy to Knoppix, if I knew which were critical.