PDA

View Full Version : How to mount NTFS

Bonechilla
03-07-2008, 04:01 AM
in the past months i've tried various methods to get knoppix working properly on a virtual machine. But my partion is in NTFS i've tried downloading and installing ntfs-3g, ntfsmount with fuse and after installing following directions the HD still wouldn't mount and i was also unable to mkdir /mnt/c. can anyone help me out. I prefer using knoppix because its the environment i use in class and seems more familiar to me.

Harry Kuhman
03-07-2008, 05:38 AM
in the past months i've tried various methods to get knoppix working properly on a virtual machine.....
I wouldn't fool with any Linux software that writes to NTFS (particularly not a copy of Knoppix that is rather outdated) if I at all valued the data on my disk (and if I didn't care about the disk I would just reformat it). But as far as getting Knoppix working in a virtual machine, see this thread (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11796&start=0) by a forum member who has done great work supporting the booting of Knoppix in a VM from a Knoppix ISO file (and, of course, there is no reason that XP can't store the ISO file on it's NTFS partition).