PDA

View Full Version : Iceweasel shuts down

bythesea
03-16-2008, 08:19 AM
Iceweasel shuts down for no particular reason. I'm just doing normal web surfing with a few tabs so it's really nothing out of the ordinary.

Does iceweasel have any limitations on the sites or contents it can access? I really need to solve this problem to be convinced of using Knoppix. Any help greatly appreciated!

gccradioscience
04-03-2008, 03:53 PM
How much RAM do you have? I think it has to do with how much RAM you need to keep it up and running. I have the same problem
as well when I was viewing a flash video and downloading it, then it will shut down. The DVD or CD does not have no way to keep the settings in the PC so when you use heavy applications such as that it will shut down if it does not get enough RAM to operate it.

I might one day start creating a partition for Debian as soon as possible. I also believe to get everything I would need to create a iso thats
big as DL DVD so I can load as many programs on it then save it as an iso. In the future we will be using this in a form of Blu Ray format disc
since blue ray has a capacity of 50 GB.

Adam E.

turbine
05-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Interesting. I had the same problem pop up with firefox. For no reason when I would try to visit certain web pages the program would just terminate. I solved the problem by going to the mozilla web browser.

cbagger01
05-28-2008, 04:35 AM
If you are running out of memory, you can create a DOS swapfile for linux on an existing DOS or FAT32 hard drive partition

Or you can create a linux swap partition on the hard drive.