PDA

View Full Version : UBCD on Knoppix

tsitras
04-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Hi. i am interested in getting UBCD into Knoppix. Could someone guide me how to do that?

Harry Kuhman
04-24-2008, 09:21 AM
Hi. i am interested in getting UBCD into Knoppix. Could someone guide me how to do that?
It's not clear to me what you are even talking about. A Google search on UBCD primarily matches the Windows Ultimate Boot CD. If that's what you are talking about I don't think you are ever going to "get UBCD into Knoppix". You might build a version of the CD that includes Knoppix, but since there doesn't seem to be a CD version of Knoppix coming out any longer, you would have to choose between using an old version of Knoppix, using dual layer DVD media (current Knoppix and UBCD will not both fit on a single layer DVD), or remaster Knoppix to remove enough stuff to allow it to co-exist on a single layer DVD. In any case it would require a DD and not a CD, unless you seriously remaster Knoppix to shrink it to a very small size. Like DSL or Puppy Linux did. Or better yet, use DSL or Puppy Linux as the Live Linux system to add to UBCD.

If UBCD means something else to you, you should make it clear what that is.

tsitras
04-24-2008, 09:32 AM
hi. thanks a lot for your reply. I am talking about http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/.
I need to make a cd/dvd that includes all the utilities into knoppix.