PDA

View Full Version : How can I get a persistent background color in Konsole?

GuyKnick
06-04-2008, 01:33 AM
Running Knoppix 5.3.1,I wish to reconfigure the Konsole screen to a default condition of a persistent light background rather than the black one that appears upon booting.

I am running Knoppix from a USB hard drive partition created by the cheat code “tohd” that copied the Live CD there. I have created a persistent image in that same partition and boot using the “fromhd” cheat code.

In the “Settings” drop-down in Konsole, I have, through the “schema” option, chosen the combination “Black on Light Yellow” and then exercised the various options that would purport to make the change persistent (Save, Save as Defaullt, etc.). Indeed, the change is persistent through the session, but when I reboot, the screen reverts to black background.

I have examined the contents of ~/.kde/share/apps/konsole immediately after rebooting and find the text : “Black on Light Yellow.schema” there but when I open up Konsole the background is again black.

Can someone direct me to a configuration file that could be edited to insure the change is persistent?

Thanks in advance!