PDA

View Full Version : Urgent please help! Topic: Gambas on knoppix remaster

pregan
06-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Hi,

Is it possible for Gambas2 to run on a knoppix remaster?

It installs and when I test it from inside chroot the application opens fine. However when I create the iso and boot it, instead of bringing me straight into the desktop it brings me to a standard debian login (for which I've no username and password).

Any ideas why this could be happening?
Any help would be incredibly welcome.

Harry Kuhman
06-09-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm not going to pretend that I have the skills or the interest to remaster Knoppix, so I'm not likely to be much help. But I saw your post and the first thing that I wondered is, is this really something that is at all related to Gambas2? That is, are you saying (as your posts seems to imply) that you otherwise can remaster Knoppix just fine and that this problem only happens for you after installing Gambas2? That just seems rather unlikely to me, and I thought you should make clear what your remastering experiences have been so that those who can remaster may better be able to help you. And, of course, if you have not made a successful remaster without installing Gambas2, you might want to do that first, so you don't focus attention on something that may not even be the issue.

pregan
06-09-2008, 10:05 PM
Hi Harry,

I should have clarified that I can successfully remaster knoppix when Gambas2 is not involved. I can add/remove apps and then remaster successfully to my hearts content, it's only when I install Gambas2 and then remaster that the described issue occurs.

I'm wondering if while installing Gambas some kde setting that's important gets over-written.