PDA

View Full Version : Terminal Server Problem V5.3

willbrown
08-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Been using KNOPPIX Terminal Server with V5.1 for sometime and works fine.
Just updated to V5.3 and while my Intel desktop PC connects OK, my HP nx6220 now fails.
It PXE boots ok of course and the welcome to knoppix terminal server message appears as normal, but fails at the probing stage. I just see a long list of what I think is all the network drivers that it has tried. The laptop uses a Broadcom 4401 nic, the driver is still there in the Terninal Services setup b44.ko.

Any ideas, how I can fault find this? Expanded and looped into the dyamically made miniroot.gz and the file b44.ko is definately there. Double checked that my laptop works by reverting back to V5.1 and all still works.

The laptop can connect fine to my nfs and windows share when booted from CD. Configured the Terminal Service with CD and DVD versions as well. Finally, selected all drivers during the Termial Server setup/config options, still fails.
I've run out of ideas....!

All help appreciated.

willbrown
09-02-2008, 03:41 PM
I have tried the following, I have made a new miniroot.gz with all nic drivers turned off EXCEPT the three broadcom ones: b44.ko (44xx/47xx), bnx2.ko (BCM5706/5708) and broadcom.ko.

When Teminalserver client loads get this error:

Modules loaded:
broadcom 6912 0 - Live 0xeetc
bnx2 143260 0 - Live 0xeetc
libphy 23296 1 - broadcom, Live 0xeetc
There are 4 more lines at the end but I do not think they are to do with loading nic modules but in summery they are
nfs, nfs_acl , lockd and sunrpc.
I am then at the knoppix text prompt.

Does it llok as if the b44 as even attempted to load?
Is there a "config" file which instructs the system to load which particular modules?

Regards,

will