PDA

View Full Version : Problem running knoppix from CD

rr4goose
06-03-2003, 05:58 AM
Hello -- Newbie to unix but relative astute user -- That being said --
when I try to boot from the cd it runs through the configuration of the system and then I get a black screen. I can run in failsafe and I have tried running the ide=nodma command at boot.
System is an HPIII 600 with 128megs or ram and 20 gig hard drive with 16 free or thereabouts.
Thanks in advance.
-rr

Loper
06-03-2003, 04:33 PM
When I try to boot from the CD it runs through the configuration of the system and then I get a black screen. I can run in failsafe and I have tried running the ide=nodma command at boot. System is an HPIII 600 with 128 megs of RAM.
You may be having display-related problems. Try some of the display-setting cheat codes related to VGA and resolution -- try 800 x 600, for example. Which graphics adapter does your HP use? Which monitor are you running?

Stephen
06-03-2003, 05:40 PM
Hello -- Newbie to unix but relative astute user -- That being said --
when I try to boot from the cd it runs through the configuration of the system and then I get a black screen. I can run in failsafe and I have tried running the ide=nodma command at boot.
System is an HPIII 600 with 128megs or ram and 20 gig hard drive with 16 free or thereabouts.
Thanks in advance.
-rr

Try the noddc cheat code (http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes).