PDA

View Full Version : 2wire PCMIA Card

thebeesknees
09-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Hey guys! I'm booting Knoppix from the Live CD, and I love it. All I need to do is configure my wireless internet.

I really have no idea where to begin on this. What info should I give so someone can help me?

Thanks so much!

chip.ling
09-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Hey guys! I'm booting Knoppix from the Live CD, and I love it. All I need to do is configure my wireless internet.

I really have no idea where to begin on this. What info should I give so someone can help me?

Thanks so much!

1. Connect to your wireless router via wired connection, do all the setup from the web browser (i.e. ESSID, channel etc) better not applying any WPA nor WEP at the beginning. You can add those on when you have the wireless connection running successfully.

2. If Knoppix knows your wireless hardware, from the K-Menu ==> Internet ==> Kwlan Wireless Lan Manager ==> New ==> Fill in the form ==> Scan and you should see the wireless network.

3. If this does not work, which is not unusual, then try to see if the ndiswrapper method help.

Check out http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_FAQ FAQ Q2 and Q3.

Also would you mind to let us know the result with your hardware info so other users can benefit from it. No matter it works or not working.

Rgds,
Chip

thebeesknees
09-09-2008, 11:51 PM
I don't have an ethernet cable right now, so I'll let you know when I get that.