PDA

View Full Version : ISDN does not work

GdB
06-03-2003, 02:42 PM
Hi all,

I do not succeed in configuring ISDN with Knoppix 3.2. It does work under my SuSE 8.0.

I can see my ISDN-Card with cat /proc/pci.
When I use 'configure ISDN' I get the Red Hat ISDN configurator: I choose my card (ASUS COM ISDNlink), and set the IRQ and the IO as I saw it in /proc/pci. Then I create my provider entry, fill in everything I know, and activate it. However, as soon as I do that, the button 'connect' is greyed out.

When I look into 'dmesg', I see the the hisax module is thrown out, exactly at that moment. If I issue 'modprobe hisax' it is loaded again, I can press the button 'connect', however it immediately returns the error that it cannot connect to the provider (it is so fast it seems that it even did not try to dial...).

When I look again in dmesg, I see the following:

CSLIP: code copyright 1989 Regents of the University of California
ISDN subsystem Rev: 1.1.4.1/1.1.4.1/1.1.4.1/1.1.4.1/1.1.4.1/1.1.4.1 loaded
HiSax: Linux Driver for passive ISDN cards
HiSax: Version 3.5 (module)
HiSax: Layer1 Revision 1.1.4.1
HiSax: Layer2 Revision 1.1.4.1
HiSax: TeiMgr Revision 1.1.4.1
HiSax: Layer3 Revision 1.1.4.1
HiSax: LinkLayer Revision 1.1.4.1
HiSax: Total 1 card defined
HiSax: Card 1 Protocol EDSS1 Id=HiSax (0)
HiSax: Asuscom ISDNLink driver Rev. 1.1.4.1
ISDNLink: defined at 0xec00 IRQ 11
ISDNLink: ISAC version ( 8 ): 2086/2186 V1.1
ISDNLink: HSCX version A: A1 B: A1
ISDNLink: wrong HSCX versions check IO address
HiSax: Card ISDNLink not installed !
ISDN-subsystem unloaded

However my IO address is exactly as I saw it under /proc/pci, and also exactly as it works under SuSE. What is going wrong?

GdB

boombastic
07-04-2004, 02:15 PM
Hi all,

I can press the button 'connect', however it immediately returns the error that it cannot connect to the provider (it is so fast it seems that it even did not try to dial...).

GdB

I have exactly the same problem with Asuscom P-IN100.Some advices?

cintra
07-05-2004, 06:27 AM
Hei GdB

Sorry I can't help you with the problem you have with the Asus card, but would like you to know that the Billion HFC-PCI card sets up effortlessly with isdn-config..

regards

GdB
07-05-2004, 10:39 AM
Hi Cintra/Boombastic,

Sorry, I totally forgot this thread (look at it, my last posting is one year old!)

I solved the problem: because it is a PCI card is was automatically configured, but for some reason with the wrong type. So what I did is throwing out the hisax module, and load it again with the right parameter:

rmmod hisax
modprobe hisax type=35
modprobe isdn
/etc/init.d/isdn start

Then dial and go...

Be sure you take the right type!

HTH,

GdB