PDA

View Full Version : is anyone able to get pgplot working under knoppix?

chah
10-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Hi,

I've been trying to get pgplot working under Knoppix 5.3.1 to run and test some of the examples from the tutorials on the net. This is what I get when I try to use pgplot:

perldl> use PDL::Graphics::PGPLOT;

Can't locate loadable object for module PGPLOT in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /usr/lib/perl5/PDL/Graphics/PGPLOT/Window.pm line 2272
Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/perl5/PDL/Graphics/PGPLOT/Window.pm line 2272.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/PDL/Graphics/PGPLOT/Window.pm line 2272.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/perl5/PDL/Graphics/PGPLOT.pm line 148.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/PDL/Graphics/PGPLOT.pm line 148.
Compilation failed in require at (eval 51) line 4.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted

I asked at http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=715331 and was told that PGPlot was not properly installed, and that ExtUtils::F77 is a prerequisite.

Anyway, I'm not certain if this is known, or unknown or I'm doing something incorrect, but I hope that by making it known, that it may be fixed in a future version of Knoppix.

Thanks