PDA

View Full Version : Can't Boot after Probing/Loading AGP modules on Intel D945G

sudeepak
10-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Hello All...

I'm having some problems getting Knoppix to boot properly.

Recently I upgraded my motherboard and processor and Knoppix no longer works for me. The disc ( it is copied to a USB ) still works on the other PCs in the house, just not my newest motherboard.

Here are the specs of my PC before the upgrade:
Intel D201GLY2

Intel Celeron processor 220 with a 533 MHZ system Bus
Intel chipset * SiS* SiS662 Northbridge
* SiS* SiS964 Southbridge

1 GB DDR2
Integrated SiS Mirage* 1 graphic engine
For More Information follow this link http://www.intel.com/Products/Desktop/Motherboards/D201GLY2/D201GLY2-overview.htm

I changed the motherboard and processor for:

Intel D945GCLF

Intel Atom processor 230 with a 533 MHZ system Bus
Intel 945GC and ICH7

for more Information follow this link http://www.intel.com/Products/Desktop/Motherboards/D945GCLF/D945GCLF-overview.htm

The Knoppix CD (it is a USB, version KNOPPIX_V5.1.1CD-2007-01-04-EN) is good. I have booted it off of other PCs, and even booted it off this same system prior to the motherboard swap.

I suspect there's some kind of incompatability with the chipset, as I see others having similar problems. Hopefully someone has some experience in this area. It's newer, but fairly standard, popular hardware, so I'm hopping it's supported!

Booting is stop after Probing/Loading AGP Modules....

I want to boot automatically ( No cheat code please ) without any cheat code
If cheat code only the solution then how to automate that also.....

Thanks in advance..!!!

johnrw
10-14-2008, 11:45 AM
I would try booting knoppix 5.3.1. It won't fit on a small usb thumb drive, so try it from dvd first. If it works, then you have 2 choices.
Remaster or a large enough thumb drive.

johnrw
10-15-2008, 11:55 PM
After going back and forth in private messages... noagp allowed Knoppix 5.1.1 to boot on this board.
Intel Atom cpu... model 230 with x86-64 instruction set...

bug closed :)