PDA

View Full Version : cd in, no boot: screen... weird error and freeze... help!

Rockstar
06-03-2003, 06:29 PM
heh, whaaat diid i dooooo.

I plugged in my knoppix cd to fiddle around with it and i got it all loaded up and i opened the console and it just froze... for like 10 minuites it did nothing... so after me smashing buttons and stuff i reset my computer... the next time i tried to load knoppix it never brought me to a boot screen... just some weird message.. i dont remember what it said.. so i reset again because again it was frozen and i was mashing keys...

so i tried it a ton more times and did different things but nothing worked... so i burned a new knoppix CD... it worked!... welll.. it brought me to a boot screen but after typing knoppix to get started it just turned black and nothing worked....

then i was in the same situation with the last CD.... arghs... im kinda frustrated... i dont know what to do to just RESET the whole situation... i popped in a MS-boot disk and looked around at my partitions to see if knoppix had made one or something and i could format it... hmm

any advice? ive been reading the docs and stuff but havent found anything related yet...

Dave_Bechtel
06-07-2003, 01:18 AM
--Try some cheat codes (F2 at the boot prompt.) Sounds like you need to tweak your screen/monitor settings.

heh, whaaat diid i dooooo.

I plugged in my knoppix cd to fiddle around with it and i got it all loaded up and i opened the console and it just froze... for like 10 minuites it did nothing... so after me smashing buttons and stuff i reset my computer... the next time i tried to load knoppix it never brought me to a boot screen... just some weird message.. i dont remember what it said.. so i reset again because again it was frozen and i was mashing keys...

so i tried it a ton more times and did different things but nothing worked... so i burned a new knoppix CD... it worked!... welll.. it brought me to a boot screen but after typing knoppix to get started it just turned black and nothing worked....

then i was in the same situation with the last CD.... arghs... im kinda frustrated... i dont know what to do to just RESET the whole situation... i popped in a MS-boot disk and looked around at my partitions to see if knoppix had made one or something and i could format it... hmm

any advice? ive been reading the docs and stuff but havent found anything related yet...