getting this error:
/home/dai/.zAppRun: line 132: /tmp/app//wrapper: No such file or directory
I'm using ubuntu 8.0.4 hardy heron.
any help would be appreciated guys.

thanks in advance
Dai

ndb
10-30-2008, 12:32 AM
I found some stuff on this (I have used Ubuntu Heron myself, and this should probably have been posted in the lounge) - anyway, .zapprun is a small script which is part of Klik, along with .klik. I assume that you installed Klik, since it does not come with Ubuntu by default (it comes as part of Super Ubuntu). Can you tell me if you used Synaptic or apt-get to install Klik?

That would help.

ndb
10-30-2008, 12:47 AM
I also forgot that you should be more precise with your subject than 'error messages'. The more info you pack into your subject, the more likely someone will click on it with a solution.

Also, what timezone are you? I'm Eastern Standard myself, and have a few more hours today. I swear that one day we should all post our tz in our tags.

Dai777
10-30-2008, 11:57 AM
I also forgot that you should be more precise with your subject than 'error messages'. The more info you pack into your subject, the more likely someone will click on it with a solution.

Also, what timezone are you? I'm Eastern Standard myself, and have a few more hours today. I swear that one day we should all post our tz in our tags.

I used this method to install klik
wget klik.atekon.de/client/install -O -|sh (ALT + F2)

error is:
/tmp/app/1/wrapper: line 93: kdialog: command not found
for nero
but klik skype seems to run ok first time it gets booted but I get similar error to above after closing it and then trying to reboot.

Look in in my home folder and .klik and .zAppRun are there so not sure what the problem is

gmt time zone

update thunderbird works ok as well but can't even down load scribus or some of the other programes

ndb
10-30-2008, 05:04 PM
I looked at the Ubuntu forum, http://ubuntuforums.org, and I found a suggestion to install the 'kdebase-bin' package. This should get kdialog for you. Give it a shot and keep me posted.

Dai777
10-30-2008, 05:47 PM
I looked at the Ubuntu forum, http://ubuntuforums.org, and I found a suggestion to install the 'kdebase-bin' package. This should get kdialog for you. Give it a shot and keep me posted.

nope that has not worked.

any more ideas as this looks like something worth having.

ndb
10-31-2008, 12:22 AM
Can you tell me what did happen? Did you get an error message on installation, or a different or the same error message when trying to run klik? Also, you might try rebooting your machine, if you hadn't.

I'm offline for the remainder of the night, as I hope to install Ubuntu Ibex.

Dai777
10-31-2008, 01:12 PM
Can you tell me what did happen? Did you get an error message on installation, or a different or the same error message when trying to run klik? Also, you might try rebooting your machine, if you hadn't.

I'm offline for the remainder of the night, as I hope to install Ubuntu Ibex.

I'm now getting this error message:
kbuildsycoca running...
Reusing existing ksycoca
DCOP Cleaning up dead connections.

working klik apps:
Thunderbird
Realplyer10

Not working klik apps:
Firefox
Jahshaka
Nero
Opera
PDFEdit
Scribus

The funny thing is some of the working apps fail after trying to open the non working ones a few times giving the same error messages as before.
(/tmp/app/7/wrapper: 5: /tmp/app/7/usr/bin/opera: not found)

(kbuildsycoca running...
Reusing existing ksycoca
kbuildsycoca running...
Reusing existing ksycoca
kbuildsycoca running...
Reusing existing ksycoca
kbuildsycoca running...
Reusing existing ksycoca)