PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard no work after login

borgward
11-10-2008, 01:55 AM
Hi

The keyboard on my Dell CPi went out last night when I was using the vimtutor. I have had several keyboards go bad in the past running Linux distros. The laptop was not hot. I rebooted, and was able to login from the keyboard, but was not able to use the keyboard after that. I could click on icons. I also plugged in an external keyboard with the same results (not USB). I have Knoppix installed on the HDD.

I put a HDD that has DSL on it, and I could type w/the keyboard. I booted the knoppix 5.1.1 CD and could use the keyboard.

I put the HDD that has the Debian/Knoppix 5.1.1 distro back in the laptop. I could login using the keyboard, but could not type anything bringing up "Console" from the icon or using any text editor. I then brought up the tty3 terminal using F3 and was able to use the keyboard to enter text into it. I am thinking that some key combination in vimtutor caused the keyboard problem.

I started to look at configuration files to see if I could find anything keyboard related:
/etc/modules/
cat module.conf

Where do I look to see how the keyboard is configured? Once I know what that file is, I plan to boot the CD to see what that file should be like.