PDA

View Full Version : D945GCLF solved But After several Reboot USB itself Destroy

sudeepak
11-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Hello All,

It is very Important to me to resolve Below problem so a quick resolution is of utmost highest priority for me.

Here by i am explaining the problem with mother board D945GCLF with Knoppix5.1.1

1. OS using Linux knoppix5.1.1 and It is loaded in a 1GB Transcend JetFlash V30 ( USB 2.0 Flash Drive ) USB stick with another similar USB stick connected for data operations.

2. When the USB connected ( Loaded with Linux distrubution Knoppix5.1.1) to the USB slot ,Knoppix Hang up in the middle of booting procedure saying finding agp modules then

I tried to resolve the booting problem with Knoppix cheat code that is provided in the knoppix version 5.1.1 and After putting the cheat code as boot without noagp then it

is booted well.

3. After booting for several restarts the USB over a period of 24-36 hours, the USB is not detecting,( saying with error boot error )after that i tried to plug the USB in standard

machine but the USB itself not detecting saying the error Please insert a disk to drive H:

The following are the steps taken to resolve the problem

1. checked all the options in BIOS setup
2. Tried with all the options given by the intel support.

Note : It as latest BIOS version.

However, KNOPPIX (loaded on a USB pen drive) was working fine on the previous motherboard ( D201GLY2 ) and reported no problems. With the current motherboard, it continues to damage the OS pen drive as well as any other pen drive connected to it. However, a USB GPRS modem connected to the same USB port, continues to function.

In an alternative solution, is there any alternative motherboards similar to D201GlY2 . The requirement for our motherboard is mini-ATX with small heat sink as D945GCLF and a PCI slot .
( It has to supprt Linux Knoppix5.1.1)