PDA

View Full Version : Booting from USB CD-ROM drive on MSI WIND Netbook / Asus M2N

intrr
11-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Hi!

I would like to ask if anyone has one of the setups mentioned in the title and knows if Knoppix boots without problems from an external USB CD-ROM. Just to be sure...

Thanks

Harry Kuhman
11-10-2008, 11:11 PM
I believe that it can, but it is very dependent on the systems BIOS and some systems will have problems with this.

intrr
11-10-2008, 11:12 PM
I believe that it can, but it is very dependent on the systems BIOS and some systems will have problems with this.

Thanks for your answer! It's just that I want to base my decision on even buying an external CDROM at all on my knowledge if Knoppix would boot from it or not. The computer in question is one of those MSI WIND 10" Netbooks, if that is of any help.

Harry Kuhman
11-10-2008, 11:15 PM
I don't know which computers, or even which BIOSes have problems and which work OK. Hopefully someone with the target computer will join in on the conversation.

Harry Kuhman
11-10-2008, 11:19 PM
You might want to go back to your original post, use the "edit" link in the top right hand corner of the post, and change the subject line to include MSI WIND 10" Netbooks or something similar, as well as mentioning USB booting, to improve your chances that someone with this computer will see the post.

intrr
11-10-2008, 11:22 PM
You might want to go back to your original post, use the "edit" link in the top right hand corner of the post, and change the subject line to include MSI WIND 10" Netbooks or something similar, as well as mentioning USB booting, to improve your chances that someone with this computer will see the post.

Thanks again, edited! :)