PDA

View Full Version : help with running a game. big errors

jony
11-11-2008, 04:17 AM
Ok hi everyone im trying to run a game called tibia its mmorpg and im trying to use the linux version of the client to play it. .
heres what it said to do on the tibia page.

2.2.2 Linux Client

a) Download
On the download page, please read the Tibia Service Agreement. If you agree to it, click on the corresponding button to continue. On the next page a disclaimer is displayed. To the right, you also find a box for the requirements to play Tibia under Linux. Read it carefully and if you agree to it, click on the link to start the download. You will be asked to choose a directory into which you would like to download the installation file. Select a directory and confirm. Please note that the downloaded file requires approximately 21 MB of free disk space on your hard disk.

b) Installation
After downloading the appropriate tarball for your system, you need to decompress the tarball in a desired target folder. To do so use the following command:

tar xfz tibia831.tgz

A new folder named Tibia will be created which contains the client and its supporting files. We recommend to do this in your home directory or a subdirectory of it, since also the map files and your config file will be created there. To start Tibia you have to switch to the newly created Tibia folder. To do so, please start the binary called "Tibia". Please understand that the client will not be able to find all necessary files to run the game if you try to start the client from any other location. If you want to create a desktop launch icon, you should also adjust the launcher to incorporate the working path for the application. The complete folder will initially take about 40 MB of disk space. Note, however, that the client will require some more space in the ".tibia" folder which can increase up to 100 MB once you have explored the full world map of Tibia.

i did as it says but when i tryed running the binary it never did anything so i went on to Konsole and did the following

knoppix@0[knoppix]$ dir
Desktop My\ Downloads Tibia tibia831.tar tmp
knoppix@0[knoppix]$ cd Tibia
knoppix@0[Tibia]$ dir
Patch StartTibia.sh Tibia.dat Tibia.spr libc6
Showerror Tibia Tibia.pic Tibia.xpm
knoppix@0[Tibia]$ StartTibia.sh
Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
./StartTibia.sh: line 11: 5201 Floating point exception./libc6/ld-linux.so.2 --library-path ./libc6 ./Tibia
knoppix@0[Tibia]$ Tibia
Floating point exception
knoppix@0[Tibia]$

ok thats it can some one help me here
oh and also when using wine i see this error aswel

"XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
[/code]