PDA

View Full Version : What files do you copt to cd to boot?

Diggs
12-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Hello all.I'm new here so I ask patience.I searched and did not find this topic so am posting here.I recently (today) downloaded the knoppix file.Now........which files do I burn to cd to make a boot disk?I tried three different ways and now have three coasters.A detailed description of which files included in the d/l that I should burn to cd, would be most helpful.My ntfs.sys is screwed so I am trying to boot up using Knoppix in order to delete the bad partition and reformat. I originally copied the whole file as I downloaded it but,nothing comes up when booting the comp.Get a quick flash of blue screen and comp restarts.At any rate,I believe I do not have the appropriate files copied to the cd,thus the above cry for help.Thanks.

Harry Kuhman
12-17-2008, 01:29 AM
....At any rate,I believe I do not have the appropriate files copied to the cd,thus the above cry for help.Thanks.
I can assure you, just from this statement, that you don't. Please follow the Documentation link near the top of this page and read the Downloading Faq. Read it all, it talks about several things that are very important and explains exactly how the disc has to be burnt.

Diggs
12-17-2008, 04:23 AM
Alright,after hours of digging and reading I finally found the info and was able to burn the Knoppix cd.Now however, I have a different problem.I boot from the cd,it runs for a minute,then I get an error meesage on my monitor that says, "out of range".Any idea what might be the cause of this and how to work around it?Two days w/out being able to get my sys up is wearing on me.Thanks in advance.