PDA

View Full Version : configure intellipoint multi button mouse?

Wiilm
12-25-2008, 05:23 AM
I have to use a side button with my thumb for left click how do I configure my intellipoint mouse in knoppix please?

Very impressed with how knoppix loaded and was straight on the internet without touching anything. This is an 9 yr old P3 .

hal8000
12-26-2008, 06:45 PM
I have to use a side button with my thumb for left click how do I configure my intellipoint mouse in knoppix please?

Very impressed with how knoppix loaded and was straight on the internet without touching anything. This is an 9 yr old P3 .

First of all you have to realise its a live distribution, and as such can be used from just about any task from repairing broken
computers, linux, windows, solaris, mac, recovering data., etc. You dont need a mouse for any of these tasks.

The default desktop KDE, has a control panel., peripherals where you can adjust your mouse, but next reboot you need to make these
changes again. If you want a permanent distribution, then you are advised to go with Ubuntu or kubuntu (if you like KDE).
Hope that helps

Wiilm
12-27-2008, 04:05 AM
You dont need a mouse for any of these tasks.

I don't plan on using anything other than a mouse. lol

Thanks for the control panel / peripherals suggestion
I'm not going to be using linux save for emergencies so don't mind resetting afresh.