PDA

View Full Version : HOW DO I ACCESS MY NORMAL COMPUTER HARDDRIVE AND IT'S FILES?

FrogKid28
12-30-2008, 02:01 AM
I am using Knoppix Linux in order to copy files I want from my hard drive onto an external harddrive.

I can get the external harddrive to come up in Konqueror, but my usual harddrive is no where to be seen.
Under 'system/:media/' I can find a "92G Media" file, but it says it is an "Unmounted Hard Disk Volume."

How can I access my regular files???

hal8000
12-30-2008, 04:53 PM
On your kde desktop you will have one (or more icons) representing your hard drive partition(s). These will be called hda1 or sda1 depending on whether the drive is IDE or SATA. A single left click will mount the drive and you'll be able to view its contents.

Plug in an external USB drive, watch for new icon and you can drag and srop contents across.

hat_monkey
01-03-2009, 08:10 AM
On your kde desktop you will have one (or more icons) representing your hard drive partition(s). These will be called hda1 or sda1 depending on whether the drive is IDE or SATA. A single left click will mount the drive and you'll be able to view its contents.

Plug in an external USB drive, watch for new icon and you can drag and srop contents across. careful hal, i've encountered computers that just wont show the HD in neither 5.3.1 or 5.1. Repeated attempts sometimes help but the most consistent mounter of storage i have used is Puppy Linux.