PDA

View Full Version : Internet and remastering

smihael
01-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Internet in normal Knoppix environment (I should mention I use VirtualBox - I have good enough computer for this - quadcore and 4gb Ram) works out of the box, but not in chroot.

I tried pon dsl-provider, pppoeconf, dhcp without success, although netcardconfig returns:

Sending DHCP broadcast from device eth0failed to connect to localhost:bootpc: No such file or directory Failed. Hit return to exit.

How can I connect to the Internet? Thanks

Miha

wangji
01-12-2009, 08:04 AM
Internet in normal Knoppix environment (I should mention I use VirtualBox - I have good enough computer for this - quadcore and 4gb Ram) works out of the box, but not in chroot.

I tried pon dsl-provider, pppoeconf, dhcp without success, although netcardconfig returns:

Sending DHCP broadcast from device eth0failed to connect to localhost:bootpc: No such file or directory Failed. Hit return to exit.

How can I connect to the Internet? Thanks

Miha

in virtualised world you need to set up virtual eth ,ip,route..so as to be able to connect to host
then you " bridge" in host the virtual network with your host's connectness to outside world !

chroot containers works the same way : no direct revelation of real world ( ie devices on host 's pc )

smihael
01-12-2009, 05:44 PM
in virtualised world you need to set up virtual eth ,ip,route..so as to be able to connect to host
then you " bridge" in host the virtual network with your host's connectness to outside world !

chroot containers works the same way : no direct revelation of real world ( ie devices on host 's pc )

But as I said: in visualised environment internet works out of the box, with no tweaking required at all. It just connects via virtual eth0.

I can paste ifconfig output if requied...