PDA

View Full Version : knoppix live CD/DVD on a tftpboot server?

ncsuapex
01-15-2009, 10:40 PM
I have a tftpboot server setup that I use to install linux, mainly CentOS.. But I would like to add a knoppix live CD to my tftp server so I can use it to diagnose PCs on the network in case the CD/DVD ROM is bad/etc.. And besides... I think it would be cool to have it on the network anyways..And now that I've messed with it for a few days I'm bound and determined to get it working.. Just to say I got it working.. even if I never use it.

In my /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default file I added this line(granted Ive gone through several variations on these lines but this is what I have currently)

LABEL knoppix
KERNEL knoppix/boot/isolinux/linux
APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=knoppix/boot/isolinux/minirt.gz nomce loglevel=0 quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix frominitrd

I have my knoppix file located at /tftpboot/knoppix and the entire CD 5.1 is under the knoppix directory as is on the CD, so linux and minirt.gz are in /tftpboot/knoppix/boot/isolinux/

When I get to my boot menu I type knoppix and it loads the linux and minirt.gz, then it looks like it's scanning /dev for media then spits out:

can't find knoppix file system, sorry
dropping you to a limited shell

What is the correct format in my default file to get it to find the knoppix "cd"??

thanks!