PDA

View Full Version : knoppix 5.3 won't boot in default mode

Gemu
01-23-2009, 12:29 PM
Greetings! I have knoppix 5.3 on DVD and the only way I can get it to load is by typing knoppix tesddvd. Everything checks out ok but it takes about thirty minutes to load the system. Is that normal? Am I missing something? If I hit enter I get a red message saying can not insert cdrom/knoppix modules clooplco cant allocate memory.

Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks in advance

turbine
01-24-2009, 08:27 PM
Two comments:

Shouldn't that be knoppix 5.3.1?

Bad burn on dvd?

youbob1213
01-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Greetings! I have knoppix 5.3 on DVD and the only way I can get it to load is by typing knoppix tesddvd. Everything checks out ok but it takes about thirty minutes to load the system. Is that normal? Am I missing something? If I hit enter I get a red message saying can not insert cdrom/knoppix modules clooplco cant allocate memory.

Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks in advance

Yes I had the same problem but the fix was easy. I have been playing with knoppix off and on for some time, and have now gotten back on it. Surly enough, I ran into the same problems of not having the default booting, for that matter any of the images booting up as well.

So what I have set up on my HD is a dual boot of Windows Xp and Knoppix 5.3.1. With the right amount of HD space already set, I had to reformat the side to where I was going to install knoppix. The problem was my knoppix would not boot up current when it was under the ext3 format. it works fine if you use the ext2 with a 1 GB swap.. try that and see if it works. :wink: