PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix Install/Uninstall?

sunchan1968
01-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Usind Knoppix DVD, installed "Basic Poor Man's Install" and created "Persistent Disk Image". However, booting by using cheat code at bootprompt worked ok a couple of times; but started giving inumerable problems subsequently and had to go back to booting from DVD.
Also created persistent boot image to save configurations changes and data created by me. BUT, in about a 15 times of reboots, I am yet to see my saved configurations and data.
I now wish to remove everything Knoppix and start all over again with a fresh download and burnt DVD. BUT I cannot figure out how to remove things Knoppix from my computer.
I use a DIY system with DG33FB board, core2 duo, plenty of Disk space, 3GB RAM, etc. Have Win XP and Ubuntu 8.10 dual boot with grub created by ubuntu install.
From Knoppix DVD, put Basic poor man's install on same partition as Ubuntu (ext3) and persistent Disk Image on Ubuntu Home folder partition(ext3).
Can anyone offer comments/advice/help, including commands to run, in order to keep Win/Ubuntu dual boot and to add Knoppix?????
THANKS