PDA

View Full Version : how to git it into english

rbaaddison
01-26-2009, 12:34 AM
help after 5 days of downloading i got knoppix downloaded and on a cd when i install it most of it is a nother language germen i think is there a way to choss a language on it or do i have to learn to speak germen :lol: any help would be much appresiated thank you rbaaddison :D

Clinton
01-26-2009, 10:14 AM
The download links are in the form of KNOPPIX_V5.3.1DVD-2008-03-26-EN and KNOPPIX_V5.3.1DVD-2008-03-26-DE. You need to download the one with EN at the end - that's the English version.

rbaaddison
01-26-2009, 03:37 PM
thank you

youbob1213
01-28-2009, 09:40 AM
help after 5 days of downloading i got knoppix downloaded and on a cd when i install it most of it is a nother language germen i think is there a way to choss a language on it or do i have to learn to speak germen :lol: any help would be much appresiated thank you rbaaddison :D

LoL I remember my first version of knoppix the German. I found an easy fix for the time, by typing in this code at the beginning of the boot. knoppix lang=us

this was a simple fix sense at the time didn't have fast internet to download another copy of knoppix.

iki
02-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Ha! Me too, I downloaded the german version first even if it is under the english one at the torrent page. I saw it had fewer people using and thought : 'well, I'll help to seed this one'; only to find out it was the german one when was going to burn the cd.