PDA

View Full Version : knoppix 6 stop the vocies!!! adriane

dlr1661
02-09-2009, 12:17 AM
hello im a Knoppix/ linux newbe and i need a lot of help. on of the frist things is that the OS starts with this stupid voice i think that its called adriane or adriene or something
and i get used to using linux because the vocie is reading everything to me and it wont stop
so now im back on my windows OS and needing help on how to "get the voices to stop!!!"
so in short can you give me a step by step on how to turn off adriane
PLEASE help

hal8000
02-09-2009, 12:20 PM
hello im a Knoppix/ linux newbe and i need a lot of help. on of the frist things is that the OS starts with this stupid voice i think that its called adriane or adriene or something
and i get used to using linux because the vocie is reading everything to me and it wont stop
so now im back on my windows OS and needing help on how to "get the voices to stop!!!"
so in short can you give me a step by step on how to turn off adriane
PLEASE help

If you read the RELEASE NOTES:

http://knopper.net/knoppix/knoppix60-en.html

you'll find that knoppix 6 default is adrianne with speech enabled.
To return to knoppix desktop type knoppix.

You do realise that this is a live distro, and not designed for permanent installation.
You will therefore need linux experience to be able to use it.

Saigua
02-21-2009, 05:53 AM
There is no startup screen at all until I get the text menu! Maybe I should type knoppix instead of picking from the menu?

Rubyxx
02-22-2009, 11:37 PM
yes! type knoppix on the boot screen. That will normally stop adriane from starting up

iki
04-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Otherwise pick #9 'shell' in the menu and type 'startx' (without quotes).