PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix Commands

Sologeoff
03-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Hi to all the learned knoppix folk
I am at a loss at what to do next. ( I am a learner)
I have a HP Compaq Presario V5104 AMD Laptop with a Mobile Sempron Chip Set ATI Radeon Graphics card 160 Hd with 2 Gig of Memory
I have loaded the Knoppix 6 Live Cd and DVD at seperate occasions
I am trying to use the knoppix boot commands when the cd or dvd boots up
I have partitioned my laptop I have WindozeXp on 30 GiG Partition & the rest is partitioned with ext2
I would dearly love to run this Knoppix Live Cd/DvD with the toram command but it doesn't work
/init line 206 toram not found
init version 2.86
I have tried step by step the basic poor mans install.
I am sorry that doesn't work iether.
Where I am going wrong?
Help
Kind Regards
Geoff

chip.ling
08-13-2009, 05:53 AM
Hi to all the learned knoppix folk
I am at a loss at what to do next. ( I am a learner)
I have a HP Compaq Presario V5104 AMD Laptop with a Mobile Sempron Chip Set ATI Radeon Graphics card 160 Hd with 2 Gig of Memory
I have loaded the Knoppix 6 Live Cd and DVD at seperate occasions
I am trying to use the knoppix boot commands when the cd or dvd boots up
I have partitioned my laptop I have WindozeXp on 30 GiG Partition & the rest is partitioned with ext2
I would dearly love to run this Knoppix Live Cd/DvD with the toram command but it doesn't work
/init line 206 toram not found
init version 2.86
I have tried step by step the basic poor mans install.
I am sorry that doesn't work iether.
Where I am going wrong?
Help
Kind Regards
Geoff

Never use toram boot cheat code before on knoppix 6.

One question needs to be answered. Is it a CD or a DVD you are using?

If it is a DVD, then it makes sense since you have only 2G RAM and the DVD is around 4.5G in size.

However, if you are using CD, then it may mean that knoppix 6 no longer allow you to run toram.

Rgds,
Chip

daveca
05-15-2010, 11:56 PM
toram crashed on me Compaq 5000 Knoppix 6.2. Locked up tight. 540 MB ram not enough? I dont recall the error message, but it appeared to be loading from CD to RAM, as the CD was running but no HDD activity.

OErjan
05-17-2010, 04:10 PM
wow, try to load a CD iso to 512M, short answer, NO 512M is NOT enough, the entire 700M of the CD have to reside in ram and it must have ram left to work with, q quick estimate would say 1G or more.

daveca
05-18-2010, 06:22 PM
yes, on my flash installation with a few files added, its using 1.6 Gb so right, 512 isnt enough.

adammacbell
10-05-2010, 07:10 PM
will All ubuntu commands work in knoppix?

OErjan
10-10-2010, 06:30 PM
if you are talking console commands most likely more than 90% will work, if you are uncertain try typing

man command
to get a brief manual on the command in question.