PDA

View Full Version : virtual pc programs?

msvistasucks
03-16-2009, 09:03 PM
hey guys i need some help is there programs out there where i could run linux as a virtual pc on my acer 5570z with windows vista on it?????

Harry Kuhman
03-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Yup.

Almost any of the virtualization software should run the Live CD or DVD if you are not doing anything fancy But our resident expert on virtualization, Gilles van Ruymbeke , had done a lot of work making the ISO play very cleanly from VMWare, including the fine free VMware player. Here is a popular thread (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11796) where he had been discussing this. It a mere 589 posts long (when I write this), so you should have no trouble reading it. Actually, Gilles has put some helpful links right at the beginning so you don't have to read through all 589 posts, but it is still good reading and may give you some insights if you read it.

I'm not sure if he has resolved the issues with 6.X yet, but I can tell you from experience that it works very well with the 5.x versions of Knoppix (which many people prefer to the 6.x releases anyway).

msvistasucks
03-16-2009, 10:26 PM
thank you...hey every time u boot up knoppix will it have to do the hardware detection every time or will it save it and not have to do it???