PDA

View Full Version : Persistent Image Question

Chris_K
03-16-2009, 11:18 PM
Playing around with 6.0.1 and loving how well it runs via USB on my Eee 701.

While looking at the Knoppix 6.0 notes (http://knopper.net/knoppix/knoppix60-en.html), I see this following item in the Microknoppix section:

6. A persistent image for saving personal settings and additionally installed programs, KNOPPIX/knoppix-data.img, is supported on the boot device. That way, even the boot system and startup scripts can be changed in the persistent image.

How would I learn more about that -- and how do I use it? Are there some docs that folk could direct me towards?

Andrius
03-30-2009, 11:57 AM
good to know that I am not the only one having the same question.
in previous version it was easy done though knoppix menu, but I cant find it in v.6??

ChaUuus
03-31-2009, 10:01 PM
Hello,

Doing my reseach but Persistent image can be set in 6.0.

in version 6.0 you allocated space to be able to save changes to you setting from a flash drive. Hope this solution helps

1.Load Live CD to PC
2.Create a bootable USB

Now load form USB When the loading comes up you get a messege that says if you would like to allocate (it gives you the minium you can set and a maxium you can set) example: type 500 do not include MB just the number.

then you flash drive will begin to format (on the top right hand corner you will see some German letters) just wait till it completes format and then you will notie that it will reboot again ones the proces is complete you will be a ble to save you setting and files in you OS

ChaUuu
Fallow me on Twitter!