PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 6 liveusb with persistent /home : how to resize?

oliwek
04-17-2009, 10:38 AM
hello everyone,
I'm running knoppix 6 adriane on my eee-pc 701 netbook, booting from an SDHC card with persistent data ; I'm really happy with this experience but... at 1st boot knoppix proposed to allocate free SDHC place for the persistent data. This worked well (even if you have to be patient when the installer allocates space), but I was too cautious and so the allocated 256 mb are already full
Is it possible to resize the space for persistent data? and how?

thanks for your help

oliwek
04-20-2009, 05:56 AM
noone?

ok maybe I can adapt this link to knoppix 6 :

http://www.mail-archive.com/cwe-lug@lists.firepipe.net/msg01327.html

(it seems I have to resize "knoppix.img")

edit : I did succeed with the link above ; search for "knoppix-data.img" (instead of "knoppix.img") in the folder "knoppix"
success from another debian based distro (ubuntu ibex) after having mounted my knoppix partition from there ; no persistent data lost in the process.

from ubuntu : if your knoppix partition is sdb1 : (in the example, you add 256MB to your persistent data)

sudo su
mkdir /mnt/flash
mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/flash
dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=256 >> /mnt/flash/knoppix/knoppix-data.img
e2fsck -pf /mnt/flash/knoppix/knoppix-data.img
resize2fs /mnt/flash/knoppix/knoppix-data.img

unmount and/or reboot (unmount because I've used a second pc where i've plugged my flash drive in)
done

you can do it from knoppix, but then you would have to boot "live" WITHOUT persistent data first, then type the commands in the console/terminal.