PDA

View Full Version : knoppix 6.1: No DNS resolution

coogor
04-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Hi, I installed 6.1 on a harddisk using a Netgear Wg511 WLAN card.

For wireless, the DNS-resolution does not work: In /etc/resolv.conf, only localhost is entered, but not the 'right'. Other hosts in this network dont have any DNS problems at all.

Any ideas?

TIA!

iki
04-27-2009, 01:53 AM
coogor, I've got no idea 'cos I've got no Knoppix in the hd nor wi-fi card. But I may warn you that Knoppix was designed to be run as a live-cd or installed in a flashdrive (with a 'persistent' mode). There are people who install it as you did but I read that it may be not so stable.

coogor
04-27-2009, 08:42 AM
Well, if you install ist, it becomes more a Debian than a live-CD. Nevertheless, the network funtionalities should work.

Sorry to ask here, but I didnt find a bug reporting tool for knoppix

Harry Kuhman
04-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Well, if you install ist, it becomes more a Debian than a live-CD. Nevertheless, the network funtionalities should work.....
No, if you install it, it stays Knoppix, only more broken. If you want a good functional Debian system, install Debian. Networking has been breaking since the very first reports in the HDD install forum of people trying to install Knoppix. I want no first hand experience with this, but your report seems to indicate things are still not fixed.