PDA

View Full Version : great intro to linux lets add more options

dorfen
01-06-2003, 03:00 AM
i curently use either knoppix or cygwin or phat or winlinux to introduce people to linux it would rule if i could get one universal option to introduce people
1. umsdos install
2. loopback install (allow people who are scared to try a dual boot without repartitioning (their biggest hang up or fear))
3. add the cygwin dll so they can run as much of it nativly as possible.
4. bootable dvdrom as well (add as many alternative media options as possible)
5.(crazzy option but console based install would rock as well(ps2 xbox etc))
6. if knoppix could offer a trully universal comercial option where i could litteraly run it on any home architecture or home device (palm console)
i would gladly pay 1grand for a os that is truly that power ful and versatile for home use let alone corporate.. (also expand wine support and if possible darwin suport so they can run mac

the real key to linux taking over is the elimination for any need of the others why buy mac or windows when your system can allready run all their apps nativly.....

Bill
01-15-2003, 10:32 AM
Well you always have to worry about bloat. PHP and Perl, were once simple scripting languages now they are getting more and more complex to the point where someone else is going to invent another simplier one. All those thing you say are great but, I think most would be better off on a branch.

Bill