PDA

View Full Version : PS2 mouse not found on CDROM boot

Pete...
06-05-2003, 09:56 AM
Booting from Knoppix v3.2 20030520 en iso.
The cd works ok on all machines except one, mine!
It recognises the acecad usb mouse but will not recognise the ps2 MS wheel mouse?
I have tried the usual like disco the usb port, run knoppix nousb and also force with wheelmouse.
2 have tried to use mouseconfig but that does not work ( this was via a shell I got from ctrl alt f2 (ctrl alt f5 gets one back to the kde screen).
3 can change the mouse to the keyboard operation and that works ok.
4 also tried to change the psaux file but did not restart because I knew it would not find the change so 6 saved the config to hd but still no luck on restart, mouse icon still freezes right in the eye.
7 am becoming a dab hand at shortcuts so can some one help me quick please.

besky
06-22-2003, 07:33 PM
:(
Same problem on 2 Dell,s. One with USB mouse and the other
with PS2 mouse.

Anyone ??

Esqueleto
07-02-2003, 01:59 AM
Hello people ..

i'm having the same problem here

i'm running Knoppix on a mobile computer Compact Armada 1700 and with Knoppix 3.1 when i had any PS/2 Mouse ... when the system comes up .. the mouse was crazy ... to run properly, i had to umpluged the mouse and the knoppix get the Touch Pad from the Computer, and, after the system comes up i pluged the PS/2 Mouse.

Now i've download the Knoppix 3.2 expecting this problem to be resolved ... and i's resolved .. the mouse does not goes crazy ... but simply does not work .. pluged or not pluged

i've try to run kxconfig and try to reconfigure the mouse .. but nothing.

any one has as a solution for this????

tkx