PDA

View Full Version : new to linux

GarrionMarsh
06-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Hi, I'm new to any sort of linux stuff so i really don't know anything about it. There was a job that i applied for that i really want and they suggested i look into knoppix and ubuntu.
So what are the advantages and such of knoppix versus other operating systems. i understand that linux can be an advantage if you're doing anything that is very memory intensive, like rendering because it does not take up as much memory as other operating systems...
anyway thats about all i really know about this stuff...anybody care to enlighten me?
Thanks
:D

Capricorny
06-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Hi, I'm new to any sort of linux stuff so i really don't know anything about it. There was a job that i applied for that i really want and they suggested i look into knoppix and ubuntu.
So what are the advantages and such of knoppix versus other operating systems. i understand that linux can be an advantage if you're doing anything that is very memory intensive, like rendering because it does not take up as much memory as other operating systems...
anyway thats about all i really know about this stuff...anybody care to enlighten me?
Thanks
:D
Linux: Go ahead and use it, check out the ideas you have got about it. Knoppix is a good place to start. Compare how tasks are handled in different operating systems, then you will enlighten yourself.