PDA

View Full Version : Quick and Easy New Firefox

Ted Hilts
07-14-2009, 11:02 PM
I have Knoppix 5.0.1 Live Linux DVD that has a old version of Firefox -- to old to use current add-ons. I have been trying to understand the concept and effort of Re-Mastering. This is going to take me a while. In the meantime could some Knoppix Guru give me a series of easy steps which would put the current 3.5 Firefox onto the Knoppix 5.0.1 Live Linux DVD.

So far I have installed the image on a USB removable dirive on 4,096,000 KB in a file called knoppix.img. It took me a while to realize that this was a static image -- and seems not changeable but seems to remember some configuration setting but not others.and every time I boot it questions whether I want to cancel.

that's it so far but I need to get the newest Firefox browser active in place of the old one now on the DVD.
I was able to download a compressed version and extracted it getting the "3.5 firefox" directory and contents but coult make no further progress at installing.

Any help would be appreciated as I am really green at this whole Live CD/DVD stuff.

Thanks -- Ted