PDA

View Full Version : Dell Inspiron 8200

SteveO64
07-27-2009, 08:58 PM
I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop that went to blue screen and cannot boot normally. It will boot from reinstallation/repair disk but I cannot get it to reboot from Knoppix disk. 'No bootable device found' appears on screen. Any help for this rookie that really needs to recover data?

rusty
07-27-2009, 09:58 PM
It is possible that the Knoppix CD or DVD has a fault. Can you boot it in another computer? Any additional information might help, and search the forum and the docs for information regarding how to best burn CD's and data recovery using Knoppix.

Harry Kuhman
07-27-2009, 11:06 PM
... It will boot from reinstallation/repair disk but I cannot get it to reboot from Knoppix disk. 'No bootable device found' appears ...
I agree with Rusty, the disc most likely has a "fault" and I suspect that that fault may be that the disc was made improperly. You must have access to another computer since you posted here. Whet do you see on the CD if you put it in the dirive on the working computer and just look at whet is on the disc? If it is one big ISO file then the disc was made incorrectly. Follow the documentation link near the top of this page to get to our wiki, when there find and read the downloading faq for details on how to make a Knoppix CD properly.