PDA

View Full Version : My Browsers can't open some sites [in knoppix 5.3.1]

V4HID
09-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Hello
My name is V4HID, I'm new user of knoppix. i install knoppix 5.3.1 dvd version
but i have a big problem in linuxs [i 'm tested slax-fedora-back|Track-suse and parsix] my browsers could not open some of site for example yahoo.com and other linux sites.
and my messengers could not connect to servers too.
Who can help me for solve this problems?

OErjan
09-06-2009, 11:06 AM
that was odd, how, exactly, does this look like? i have NEVER had yahoo blocked in linux, unless you are trying the flash version which will require flashplayer 10

V4HID
09-06-2009, 12:38 PM
that was odd, how, exactly, does this look like? i have NEVER had yahoo blocked in linux, unless you are trying the flash version which will require flashplayer 10

yahoo ix example, and other sites could not load "linuxquestio-ubunto-...."
i other linuxs and other browsers

Harry Kuhman
09-06-2009, 12:55 PM
yahoo ix example, and other sites could not load "linuxquestio-ubunto-...."
i other linuxs and other browsers
Your example is not useful. To help get this resolved you should post actual complete URLs that are failing for you, not partial strings with ... in them. The more the better. Also, for major international sites like Yahoo or Google, which localize their content based on where you connect from, it would be helpful to mention where you are connecting from (apparently Iran). Without doing this you are likely to get lots of responses like "it works for me", which could be both completely accurate and completely irrelevant.