PDA

View Full Version : Any insights to aassure recognition of other OS at install a

77yrold
10-10-2009, 07:01 PM
I have recently partitioned and in past I have has some problems with Linux OS at install not recognizing (maybe a development thing and maybe my short comings) But I am about to download ISO and then burn live CD. Need any tips or point me to step by step. I just want to avoid one of those installations where loading to MBR is a problem and Super Grub is my only salvation.
Thanks in advance for any help

Harry Kuhman
10-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Not sure what you are asking. If you are talking about a Live CD like Knoppix or some Knoppix derived Live CD, don't install it to hard disk. Knoppix is intended to be run from disc, not from disk.

If you are asking about installing a distro like Debian, please restate your question.

If you have questions about downloading and burning an ISO like Knoppix, please follow the Documentation link near the top of this page and read the Downoading FAQ. Basically, confirm the md5 checksum, then be sure to use software that can burn an ISO file as an image and burn it at slow speed.

The Tips and Trick forum is intended for threads that offer helpful suggestions, not for those that request support. I'll go ahead and move your post to the General Support forum.