PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix

dragonpiper
10-13-2009, 08:13 PM
I linux is amazing its like 10x faster than the other releases the only problems i have is.
1. When installing certain programs linux crashes <Help =( >
2.Browser crashes way to much like if i open gnome while browser is open the browser will crash <help =( >
3.After installing flash pluging it work fine but when watching a 23 min video for example when it buffers close to 50% the browser crashes <Help pleaseeeeee = ( >
4. When installing certain programs or upgrading programs Knopppix crashes with wierd colored vertical lines make me have to restart linux and downlaod updats "apt-get update and reinstall everything i did install like flash and other stuff.
5. How do i make the digital clock show standard 12-hour time and how do i set the time.
6.Is there anyway i can make a swapfile on my usbstick so if it runs out of ram it strts using it rather than just crashing knoppix.
7.Is there a Knoppix 6 iso with flash installed already and latest updates thats smaller than 3.8gb(my fkash drive. Both my hardisks just died =" ( )
8.Knoppix 6 comes with incompatible libarys like when i try to run virtual box it says libarys don't match and when i try to update virtual box knoppix crashes x.x