PDA

View Full Version : Unrecognized picture files

seas
10-25-2009, 08:25 PM
Hey all,

The internal hard drive on my laptop recently crashed and wouldn't bootup. I don't have access to another computer and the only working version of knoppix that i had was not the most recent version. (I don't remember the version number, but what I do remember is that the background picture looked like an engine or something like that and was dark brown, not sure if this helps...)

Anyways, I used knoppix to transfer data files over to my external hard drive and then re-installed xp on my internal hard drive. When I went to view the picture files that had been transferred, the files were identified as jpegs and had the proper file name and size, but when i tried to view them, they couldn't be viewed. I tried multiple jpeg viewers and none were able to display the picture. Only a handful out of 400 pictures are viewable. Unfortunately data recovery software on my internal hard drive has not been able to locate the picture files that are not viewable on my external hard drive.

Is there a way to repair/restore the picture files on my external hard drive so that they are viewable?

Thanks...