PDA

View Full Version : Help: Complete newbie - can't get past talking menus

bthomson100
11-22-2009, 01:46 AM
I seem to have successfully installed Knoppix 6.2. It boots and puts me into a menu that is almost completely command line oriented and reads the menu text when I go from line to line.

I'm using an Acer laptop but I also have an Asus EEE PC running a version of Xandros with a user interface that is very Windows like.

If I could get to an ico like interface, I could probably manage to set it up given my experience with the EEE, but I haven't a clue how to do it when all I have is a shell and a command line.

Can anyone help?

Bob Thomson
Ottawa, Canada

Harry Kuhman
11-22-2009, 01:55 AM
If you really committed the blasphemy of installing Knoppix to the hard disk, I may not be able to help you. But the problem you describe sounds like you are fooling with a version of Knoppix with ADRIANE in the name. If so I suggest that you download a version without ADRIANE and the problem should go away. Also, be sure to still get a copy with EN in the name, unless you can speak German.

bthomson100
11-22-2009, 02:06 AM
I certainly didn't install it to my hard drive. I'll look again and download a different version without Adriane.
Thanks
Bob Thomson