PDA

View Full Version : x based mixer that will adjust trebile and bass?

beforewisdom
06-07-2003, 12:42 AM
Hi;

I can't find a way to adjust the treble and bass on my speakers.

I tried "aumix -b -500" with no luck.

I tried tkmixer.

Is there a gui sound mixer, not dependent on alsa, that will graphically let the user adjust bass and trebile?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Loper
06-07-2003, 04:59 AM
Is there a gui sound mixer, not dependent on alsa, that will graphically let the user adjust bass and treble?
I did a Google search on linux mixer audio bass and got some interesting results. Does that help?

beforewisdom
06-07-2003, 08:55 AM
Is there a gui sound mixer, not dependent on alsa, that will graphically let the user adjust bass and treble?
I did a Google search on linux mixer audio bass and got some interesting results. Does that help?

No.

Is this the polite version of the rotfm?

FYI I went to tucows before I posted here.

I went through a list of mixers for linux. None of the ones I tried would install to knoppix, had bass controls, or worked.

On my connection each trial was time consuming. I posted here hoping to get a shortcut around via a recommendation from someone else's experience so that I wouldn't have to spend an entire afternoon downloading, installing, and trying various mixers just so I could turn my bass down on my speakers.

Do you have any information to contribute?

Steve

Loper
06-07-2003, 02:04 PM
Is this the polite version of the RTFM?

I'm sorry if it seemed that way. I never intend my responses to seem condescending; we're here to help each other. My only thought was that a different perspective might be useful -- in fact, the question itself has put me on a path that I might not have traveled otherwise, so thanks.

If I encounter any useful info in my quest, I'll certainly share. I'm about to HD-install for an experimental platform. I need to learn more about Linux -- I'm tired of Windows, and we need to have a full user infrastructure in place before Longhorn rolls out...

beforewisdom
06-08-2003, 01:21 PM
Is this the polite version of the RTFM?

I'm sorry if it seemed that way. I never intend my responses to seem condescending; we're here to help each other. My only thought was that a different perspective might be useful -- in fact, the question itself has put me on a path that I might not have traveled otherwise, so thanks.

My apologies for assuming wrong.

As you know, in the GNU/Linux internet community a lot of people do get slammed when they ask questions. It has happened to me and I guess it has made me overly sensitive to it.

To me, google is such a well know tool and such an obvious first step that asking someone if they tried searching on google can be easily mistaken for sarcasm.

I will think twice next time before I make that assumption.

My apologies

Steve

Loper
06-08-2003, 01:42 PM
...the question itself has put me on a path that I might not have traveled otherwise...
...and one of those path-induced thoughts was, "what about XMMS? That has a graphical-equalizer built-in, and it's Open Source." It makes me wish I was a programmer; maybe that part of the code could be reworked to stand alone and the audio data could be piped through it...