PDA

View Full Version : Spell Check question

TwiztidChef
12-16-2009, 05:48 AM
I just installed Knoppix. I have a slightly annoying problem. Whenever I use IceWeasel(it came with it) and I compose mail or message board posts, such as this one, It marks every word spelled wrong. This makes it hard to actually spell check. I have both the system and IceWeasels languages set to native US English. Any ideas as to why it is doing this.

Harry Kuhman
12-16-2009, 05:58 AM
I just installed Knoppix. ..., It marks every word spelled wrong.....
Does it do that for you if you run from the Live CD or DVD, or only from the "installed" Knoppix. If it is limited to th "installed" Knoppix then we can add it to the large list of reasons that Knoppix should not be "installed" to hard disk and you would be much better off with Debian or some other distro suitable for hard disk install.

TwiztidChef
12-16-2009, 07:18 AM
Its installed, I didnt log into anything from the Live CD as I had a really bad virus on my Vista Os. It seems after research Knoppix is really only best for recovery from the Live CD. I guess I should've loaded Ubuntu instead.

Harry Kuhman
12-16-2009, 09:23 AM
I actually prefer Debian, but yes, Knoppix isn't really suitable for hard disk install for most users.