PDA

View Full Version : Changing the KDE box/window background at Startup

bongski55
06-07-2003, 06:41 AM
I want to change the background of the box that is displayed during start-the one that says"Initializing System Services,etc...". This is different from the wallpaper.Every distro have its own background for this box.Even gnome have a different one.

Like a lot of posts here,I am one of those who do not like the background with the eye.

Stephen
06-07-2003, 07:17 AM
The files are kept in .kde/share/apps/ksplash/pics/ you can get the splash themes from kde-look (http://www.kde-look.org). You have to extract the files to the pics directory it should contain the files:

splash_active_bar.png
splash_bottom.png
splash_inactive_bar.png
splash_top.png

You can mix and match from different themes if you want to create what you like. Then logout and login back in to see if you like it. As a side note the new KDE 3.2 which I installed earlier tonight allows you to test the splash themes before you decide to change too it.

bongski55
06-09-2003, 12:39 PM
Okay got it.downloaded ksplash deb and installed it using dpkg -i.Did not use apt because I want to have a copy of the deb on a separate partition in case I have to reinstall -which I am sure I will !
I think this should be moved to tips and tricks or a Docs topic perhaps.