PDA

View Full Version : where is my keyboard layout_)(?

meanpt
01-26-2010, 09:00 PM
... as you could guess, II was looking for a question mark for the end of the title.

On the DVD I was able to configure the keyboard layout to my local-;l'l's / that s me looking again / because KDE-s system settings application is available.

Unfortunately, the same config application isn t available on the CD. Then I looked inr the other config tools available but none of them provides the ability to change the keyboard layout. So, how can I do it on the installed CD_)(*)_P"":L{:'\'';][=-;/., ,,, this time didn t find the question mark ,,,javascript:emoticon(':roll:') ,,, I looked for something like that in the package manager but didnt succeed in finding it.

I finnally found Kcontrol was the equivalent to the system settings. Installed it, my Other menu cathegory was full of options but when I used the Keyboard layout option I was told that either the keyboard module was not loaded or some other keyboard module was laying around.
Also trying to use keyboard=xx or xkeyborad=xx but the accentuated characters as "a with til" are not working.

matollik
01-28-2010, 03:47 PM
If I recall all right you must find folder /etc/sysconfig and change country logo in file ' keyboard'.

Matti Ollikainen

meanpt
01-29-2010, 03:39 PM
If I recall all right you must find folder /etc/sysconfig and change country logo in file ' keyboard'.

Matti Ollikainen

Hi, Matti. I looked for the file in the installation from the CD but sysconfig doesn't exist. The most similar file would be the sysctl.conf in which a reference is made to a sysctl.d file for additional system varialbles. But the problem still remains because the sysctl.d doesn't exist too.

#
# /etc/sysctl.conf - Configuration file for setting system variables
# See /etc/sysctl.d/ for additonal system variables
# See sysctl.conf (5) for information.
#

matollik
01-30-2010, 08:37 AM
First boot Knoppix normally with graphic user interface. Then K-menu at lower left corner -> System Tools -> File manager -> find File System (can be chosen at the left panel, down end ) -> /etc /sysconfig/keyboard. But you cannot save a configuration change on CD, Knoppix has to be installed on memory stick, first as fas as I know.

meanpt
02-01-2010, 04:32 PM
First boot Knoppix normally with graphic user interface. Then K-menu at lower left corner -> System Tools -> File manager -> find File System (can be chosen at the left panel, down end ) -> /etc /sysconfig/keyboard. But you cannot save a configuration change on CD, Knoppix has to be installed on memory stick, first as fas as I know.

Mat, I already insatlled the thing. I'll check for it now :)